One of my personal problems is that I tend to forget anything and everything I’ve accomplished in a given time period, thus leading to the thought I haven’t actually accomplished anything at all. Which, I’ve been informed, is completely wrong.
I’m hoping that listing everything I’ve done each month will help remove this thought-process while giving everyone updates on where I am in differing projects.
1) Prepared Pre-order for Bridle the Unicorn
This includes Edits, Blurb, Formatting, ISBN info and Promotional Schedule.
2) Wrote 6 short stories.
I did a question challenge in May where I would ‘answer’ a question given to me in story format in a character’s POV. Wrote:
- The Illusion That is Failure (I really liked this one so it got bumped ahead of the story I’d originally finished for June)
- The Baywater and the Hurricane (Set in the same city as The Cascade and the Firebrand)
- Just a Typical Day in a Nurse’s Life (Sort of a conglomeration of first and second person that is supposed to be humorous)
- The Choice in the Inevitable (Ideological World-building for a country that never falls to the Merandin Empire)
- Tall, Dark & Handsome (Coffee shop romance and only non-fantasy I wrote)
- First Date Taboo (A confession on a dinner date)
I also have a few more small stories started but not finished, but they have dropped to least priority now that May is over.
3) Prepped Bridle the Unicorn Promo
- Roan’s Interview
- Ari’s Interview
- Ari’s Tour
4) Prepped Blog Posts
I lost count of how many I prepped this month. All the short stories and poems I finished were edited and prepped as well as anything else I finished having to do with Bridle the Unicorn. This was in anticipation of having a bunch of things ready to go in the coming months so I can concentrate on completing longer projects.
5) Requested Cover Date
For a new houndmaster novella set mostly in Crafton. Tentative release next winter/early spring.